Training and Services
I do all types of training with all types of dogs. Examples include Basic and Advanced Obedience Training, On & Off-leash Obedience, Boarding services, Personal Protection, Attack training, and Guard dog training. We Locate, import, and Sale dogs, Confidence building, Problem-solving, Service Dog Training for PTSD or Emotional Support Dog Training, and Behavior modification. We respect our client's privacy, so a list of references can be provided upon request only.
A one time fee gets you a One on One evaluation with your puppy, step by step housebreaking instructions, puppy development chart, advice and guidance, plus a guaranteed priority spot for training once your puppy is old enough. One time membership fee is only $150.00
Boarding: Indoor Kennels with 24/7 care. One on One supervised interaction, Play time and Exercise. 35.00 per day Minimum 5 day or 175.00.
Services & Stuff: IK9F
- DVDs for sale: You can request to have an Instructional DVD made of your dog
- All dogs must have vaccination records and must be up to date on all vaccinations
- Owners must supply dog food for the duration of the training
- All dogs receive a bath upon arrival and before they leave
- Programs include FREE LESSONS FOR LIFE, a Training collar, a Certificate of Graduation, Written instructions, and Commands.
- Evaluations: Evaluations are $45.00; All dogs must have a current Evaluation before training.
- All prices are subject to change based on the Evaluation of the Dog. Payments: The balance is due upfront; the payment method is cash or checks upon verification.
- When choosing a program: All problems can be corrected with a basic obedience program. Basic obedience allows you to interact more with your dog. The more obedience training you have, the greater the control, discipline, and confidence in the dog.
IK9F Obedience Programs & Commands
All Programs come with a Guarantee and FREE FOLLOW-UP LESSONS. If you have any problems with your dog, simply bring them back, and we will correct them free of charge. Also, if your dog is required to stay longer than initially estimated, it will be at no extra cost to you.
Paying Options: Check or Cash. PayPal Friends and Family allows you to transfer money directly from your PayPal account or credit card. The FaceBook money app will enable you to move money from one account to another.
LEV I: Heel, AutoSit, No, Free, Come and implied stay. 6 Commands for 7-10 days.
LEV II: Heel, AutoSit, No, Free, Come, implied stay, Stay, Down from the side, Sit from the side, and Sit in motion.
10 Commands for 15-20 days.
($1325.00) Check, or Cash paid at the time of drop off.
LEV III: This is an advanced On-leash Program: Heel, Autosit, No, Free, Come, implied stay, Stay, Down from the side, Sit from the side, Sit in motion, Down in motion, Sit from the front, Down from the front and Military heel. 14 Commands for 26 days.
LEV IV: This is the most advanced program I offer. 15 Commands On leash & Off leash for 30 days.
Private Lessons: Private lessons are one on one sessions. I will show you how to train your dog. Sessions run from 30 to 40 minutes per session. You will receive 5 sessions covering the basic obedience program and 5 commands.
Commands for LEV I
- HEEL: This command is for walking your dog. The dog should be on your left side.
- AUTOSIT: The dog should automatically sit by your left side when you stop. You don't have to say anything.
- FREE: This allows the dog to do whatever they want within 6ft. of the leash. This is a fun command, so there is no correction.
- NO: This is the only negative command given to your dog. You will use it in conjunction with all other commands except free.
- COME: Stand facing the dog, move your arm in a sweeping motion toward your chest, saying "Come" excitedly. The dog should come and sit directly in front of you.
- IMPLIED STAY: Dog will hold the last position he was left in for up to a minute. Standing beside your dog either in the Sit or Down position, step off with your right foot to the end of the leash. There is no voice or hand signal. If in the Down position, tug the leash toward the ground saying "No," then add "Down" or give the leash a tug straight up and add "Sit."
Commands For LEV II
Includes all of Program #1 plus the following:
- DOWN FROM THE SIDE: While the dog is sitting at your side, lift your hand at the wrist, arm straight, palm facing the ground, just above the head; without touching him, say "Down."
- SIT FROM THE SIDE: While the dog is down by your left side, tell him to sit while tapping your side.
- SIT IN MOTION: While walking, say, "Sit." Allow two steps for your dog to sit and allow slack in the leash as you move away: Keep you're back turned until he sits, then you may turn around.
- STAY: Stay has both voice and hand signals; stay will hold the dog in the last position for up to two minutes or until he receives the following command. Standing beside your dog while he is either in the Sit or Down position, lower your left arm palm facing his nose without touching him, tell him to "Stay" and walk away with your left foot first, walk to the end of the leash then drop it on the ground.
Commands For LEV III
Includes all of Program # 2 Plus the following:
- DOWN FROM THE FRONT: Standing in front of your dog, raise your left arm at a 90-degree angle and tell him to "Down."
- SIT FROM THE FRONT: Standing in front of your dog, raise your left arm from the elbow with your palm facing up and waist high; tell him to "Sit."
- FINISH: Standing directly in front of your dog, move your left arm sweepingly to your right hip, telling him to "Finish." He should move around behind your back and sit on the left side in the Heel position.
- MILITARY HEEL: Standing directly in front of the dog, sweeping your right hand towards your left hip, telling him to "Heel."
- DOWN IN MOTION: While walking, tell your dog "Down" and keep walking. Allow Slack in your leash, then walk out to the end of the leash.
Commands for LEV IV OffLeash
All Commands listed in Levels 1-3 on the leash and Off-leash
We can help coordinate the shipping of your dog to our facility for training. Once the training is done, we will send your dog back with a detailed instructional video and Demo tape.
Boarding Services are $26.00 per day. All dogs are taken outside twice daily for a break and 45 minutes of supervised playtime. Dogs already obedience trained by The IK9F will be worked on the current level of training.
49 days/7 weeks is the time when all the senses start to develop. Eyes, Hearing, Smell. This is a critical period for puppies.
7-16wk is the socialization period for puppies. This is the time to expose them to as much as possible without forcing them. Examples would be other dogs, people, places, and noises.
Behavior: 2 types of Behavior
- Genetic: Breeding, passed along in the Gene Pool, Genetics
- Learned: Environmental influence, surroundings, observed behavior.
- Pray drive
- Defense drive
- Fight drive
- Ball drive
- Hunt search drive
- Food drive
All dogs have one of six personality types
- Happy go Lucky
- Shy and/or under socialized
- Fear biter
- Basket case = Displays multiple personalities
- Pack defense
- Handler defense
- Object defense
- Pole or Self defense
Protection training is some of the most intense training anyone can do or be involved in. The International K9 Foundation LLC takes this training very seriously. Due to the serious nature of this training, it's important to have the most control over your dog. I suggest you have at least Lev II Obedience on your dog, thus demonstrating some of the control needed before starting this training. The best time to find out if you have control over your dog is BEFORE I train your dog to bite. Obedience training will NOT be done on dogs already trained in protection work. This type of training is conducted in sessions; training sessions last 35-40mins. Dog owners are required to be present for training sessions and will assist in the training. This serves as the owner's handler's course, learning how to handle the dog.
The number of sessions is directly related to the level of proficiency the owner may achieve with the dog: the more training sessions, the great the level of proficiency and control. The exact number of sessions needed to obtain a level of proficiency cannot be determined upfront. The price per session varies depending on the dog and the training required to achieve proficiency. A basic level of proficiency may consist of a Full Mouth Bite after perceiving a possible threat, taking a strong stance or dominant position meeting the threat and engaging the threat, and the release bites off the decoy. The International K9 Foundation LLC is not and will not be responsible or held liable for any action of the dog. The dog owner assumes any and all responsibility and liability regarding the dog's action or lack of effort. The owner starts this training fully aware of the potential dangers surrounding this type of training.
SERVICE DOG TRAINING
PTSD AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
STATE-RECOGNIZED CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING EVALUATION, TESTING, AND CERTIFICATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH P.A.T STANDARDS—601-567-0013 FOR DETAILS.
The Only Trainer in Ms recognized for the Training and Certification of Service Dogs
House Bill 944
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 43-6-153, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, TO DEFINE THE TERMS "TRAUMATIC," "POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER," "SUPPORT ANIMAL," AND "SUPPORT ANIMAL TRAINER" IN THE MISSISSIPPI SUPPORT ANIMAL ACT; TO AMEND SECTION 43-6 155, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, TO INCLUDE VETERANS DIAGNOSED WITH POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER IN THE QUALIFYING LIST OF DISABILITIES AND IMPAIRMENTS FOR WHICH AN INDIVIDUAL MAY BE PROVIDED THE USE OF A SUPPORT ANIMAL; TO BRING FORWARD SECTIONS 37-7-342, 43-6-1, 43-6-3, 43-6-5, 43-6-7, 43-6-9, 63-3-1111, 77-8-31 AND 99-43-101, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, WHICH RELATE TO CERTAIN DISABILITIES AND SERVICE ANIMALS, FOR PURPOSES OF AMENDMENT; AND FOR RELATED PURPOSES. BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI: Written By: Jeff McCall.
PTSD Service Dog Training and Certification in Mississippi and Louisiana. Service dog training for veterans with PTSD. Emotional Support Service Dog Training and Certification, Therapy Service Dog Training and certification, Jeff McCall Certified and Professional Dog Training, The International K9 Foundation, ik9f. www.ik9f.com
Jeff McCall Service Dog Training in Mississippi for PTSD and Emotional Support and Therapy Dog Training and the Author of The Service Dog Act of Mississippi recognizing Service Dogs in Mississippi. Service Dog Training and Certification